The Haute Living Real Estate Network, one of the many places where we market ourselves and our properties, recently asked me to tell them about my desk and things/tools I use that I can't live without. They actually posted the article today and wanted to share it here since it's a different take from the usual boring real estate marketing stuff we usually see.
Tools of the Trade: What’s on, Expert Realtor, Ines Hegedus-Garcia’s Desk?
I’m the founder of the nationally recognized real estate brand known as Miamism. We are a team of real estate agents working with Majestic Properties with offices in Miami’s Design District and South Beach. I am one of the first real estate bloggers and have taken technology to the next level and can be found on every social media platform – all to benefit our clients and the way we market and sell properties.
With a degree in architecture, creativity is always at the top of everything I do and my desk has the tools I need to achieve just that.
- I have all of the obligatory Apple products: 27" iMac, iPad, time capsule, magic trackpad and iPhone – Apple products are not just pretty, they simply help maximize my production in every way imaginable. My iPhone is surgically attached to my hand, hence doesn’t appear in the picture.
- A Wood desktop is a must have for me – natural wood surface keeps me centered. I cannot work on glass or stone surface tops. No matter what kind of technology surrounds me, wood brings it all together to harmonize my work space.
- Architecture and art books - inspiration is key, books of my favorite architects and artists are always close by and my collection is constantly growing. From Tadao Ando to Richard Neutra and from Diego Rivera to Edward Hopper…they are all constant reminders
- Round pencil and sketch pad – always handy to take notes, doodle and help solidify my ideas. Also keep Sharpies and Prismacolors nearby, just because I can’t live without them.
- Aeron Chair – not only is it a permanent fixture in the Museum of Modern Arts, but it’s a must for me because it’s beautiful and so comfortable!
- Fresh flowers/plants – color is an important part of my life and seeing the beauty of a single flower and its simplicity reminds me to stay humble.