Fisher Island is a private island only accessible by private ferry and helicopter. It was once home of The Vanderbilts and later developed as an exclusive luxurious residential community. According to Forbes.com, Fisher Island FL (33109) tied for first place in their list of 500 most expensive zip codes in the U.S.
“Fisher Island, a man-made body of land named after developer Carl Fisher, is just as luxe. It teems with large waterfront mansions and boasts an impressive country club. It boasts a median income of $200,000 and residents including mutual fund manager Martin Zweig and Vector Group Chief Bennett Le Bow”.
Amenities on the island include:
- The Fisher Island Hotel and Resort
- A par-35 nine-hole golf course designed by architect P. B. Dye
- An 18 court tennis center
- A spa and fitness center
- 2 world-class deep water marinas
- 8 restaurants
- A commercial center with a high-end gourmet market and shopping
- A polo field
- Private beaches
- The Fisher Island Day School (from Pre-K to 5th grade)
- Large playground for kids of all ages
- Post office
- On-island fire and emergency station
- Seaplane, Car-Ferry and helicopter access 24-hours a day.
The Miamism Sales Team specializes in Fisher Island Real Estate.