This is your friendly Miamism Sales Team reminder to file for Homestead Exemption before March 1st.
State law allows Florida homeowners to claim up to a $50,000 Homestead Exemption on their primary residence.
Visit Miami-Dade’s Property Appraiser’s website for more information.
You will need the following information:
- Property Folio Number (You may locate your folio using our Property Search Page)
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Florida Driver’s license Number which reflects the property address
- Florida Automobile Registration which reflects the property address
- Florida Voter Registration Information (U.S. citizen) which reflects the property address
- U.S. Permanent Resident Immigration number (Non U. S. citizen)