Surfside Real Estate Market Report
There are currently 43 Surfside homes for sale: (compared to 47 in March)
- Highest priced listing: $5,000,000 (for the partially renovated, Biscaya Island home with 100′ of water frontage, located at 1332 Biscaya Dr)
- Lowest priced listing: $594,000 (420 88th St)
- Pending Sales: 3 (compared to 5 in March)
- Closed sales in April: 5 (compared to 3 in March)
- Median Sales Price in April: $682,500
The 5 Surfside homes sold in April were the following:
- 9425 Bay Dr – 3 bedrooms / 2.5 bathrooms, 2,063 SF of living space on 5,600 SF lot – listed for $699,000 in February and selling for $725,000 ($351/SF)
- 9172 Byron Ave – 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms, 1,762 SF of living space on 5,600 SF lot – listed for $710,000 in February and selling for $640,000 ($363/SF)
- 9348 Carlyle Ave – 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms, 2,141 SF of living space on 5,600 SF lot – listed for $739,900 and selling for $682,500 ($319/SF)
- 8934 Emerson Ave – 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms, 1,654 SF of living space on 5,600 SF lot – listed for $749,900 in February and selling for $640,000 ($387/SF)
- 9388 Abbott Ave – 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms, 2,299 SF of living space on 6,160 SF lot – listed for $1,450,000 in November of 2015 and selling for $1,290,000 ($561/SF)
The average selling price per square foot for Surfside homes not in the water in April was $396 compared to:
- March average $372
- February average $338
- January average $390
- 2015’s average of $350.
Surfside’s real estate market continues to defeat the odds. While the rest of Miami is experiencing an increase in inventory, Surfside’s inventory is dropping!! (not by a lot, but still….it’s impressive). The homes that are selling quickly are the remodeled ones, so pay attention to details if you plan to sell your Surfside home. There were no waterfront sales in Surfside in the month of April but there were 11 waterfront homes sold in Surfside in 2015 and that average was $634/SF. The stats are clear – low inventory + high demand = increasing prices. We continue to see home prices increasing….moderately, but still going up. For a no obligation consultation, not only of price, but condition of your home, please contact us. Remember I’m an architect and can tell you easy fixes to get the most return on your investment.
Surfside Home of The Month
Miamism Sales Team features the Surfside waterfront property located at 708 88 Street – Brand new construction with all the bells and whistles….but most importantly…design!! I am in love with this property. 6 bedrooms / 6.5 bathrooms, 6,144 SF of living space on 10,050 SF lot with 50′ of water frontage. (who needs more than that when the house is perfect). The marketing description reads…it actually screams in all caps but I think they have every right.
NEW, CONTEMPORARY WATERFRONT HOME WITH STRIKING FINISHES. GROUND LEVEL LAID OUT IN VENA GRIGIO ITALIAN MARBLE, W/ AMPLE GOURMET ITALIAN KITCHEN W/ SUB-ZERO AND WOLF APPLIANCES, TV ROOM, OFFICE AREA, FORMAL GREAT ROOM, DINING ROOM, MAIDS QUARTERS. TOP LEVEL BOASTS WOOD FLOORS THAT HOUSE A GRAND MASTER SUITE, THREE EN-SUITE BEDROOMS AND FAMILY/OFFICE AREA. OUTDOOR LIVING AREA W/AMAZING VIEWS, WOLF OUTDOOR KITCHEN, SLEEK INFINITY POOL, BOAT DECK, NEW SEAWALL. DELIVERED W/ LUTRON LIGHTING. MOVE-IN READY!
Asking price is $4,850,000 ($789/SF) Please contact us for more information and we will also be happy to arrange a showing appointment.
To get a FREE, no obligation CMA (comparable market analysis) go to MiamismValue.com and fill in your information. Call us Today for a listing appointment! If you are interested in getting a list of all properties currently for sale in Surfside, we will be happy to send you a digital copy at your request. We can also send you monthly market reports directly to your inbox. Feel free to email us at Surfside@miamism.com
Search for Surfside Homes for Sale