It feels like we are travel agents at times because people from all over ask us about hotels, restaurants and things to do in Miami. I’m even thinking about doing a list of favorites (wait… isn’t Miamism Best, exactly that?).
So of course we like to hear outsiders’ views on what’s best in our own city. Travel + Leisure published their top 10 Miami Beach Resort Hotels list. The list was based on reader surveys:
Every year for our World’s Best Awards survey, T+L asks readers to weigh in on travel experiences around the globe — to share their opinions on the top hotels, resorts, cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more. Hotels were rated on their facilities, location, service, food, and overall value. Properties were classified as city or resort based on their locations and amenities.
1. The Setai, Miami Beach – score: 95.16
2. The Betsy, South Beach – score: 94.10
3. Acqualina Resort & Spa, Sunny Isles Beach – score: 91.49
4. The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort – score: 91.47
5. The Miami Beach Edition – score: 90.33
6. The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami – score: 89.55
7. The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami – score: 89.52
8. The Palms Hotel & Spa, Miami Beach & COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach – score: 89.33
9. Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Surfside – score: 88.95
Congrats to The Setai for making number 1!!
That the Setai occupies one of the tallest buildings in South Beach belies its air of intimacy and romance — two qualities that are hard to come by in this party-crazed part of town. But the sleek oceanfront sleep comes by it naturally, owing to its glistening glass façade, opulent art-filled interiors, and tranquil central courtyard, done up with palm trees, towering pergolas, and serene infinity pools. “This is the best hotel I have stayed at in all of my life,” gushed one reader, praising its cocoon-like spa, Asian-inspired restaurants, and sumptuous rooms. But the property’s incredible amenities were second to the hotel’s legendary service, which guests praised as “outstanding” and “exceptional.”