Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2015
As you are getting ready for the kids to get back to school, you may have noticed “tax free” signs in some locations. This year, we are getting a 10 day holiday and it ends this Sunday, August 16th at 11:59 PM. The Miami Herald explains:
For 2015, the Florida Legislature has granted parents more time to stock up on back-to-school supplies than last year, when the tax-holiday lasted only three days over a weekend. This year’s 10-day holiday equals the longest since Florida began the program in 1998 and is expected to save shoppers $67.8 million statewide. Many retailers will offer additional sales and discounts.
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $100 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories on the first $750 of the sales price, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
But you should also know that the holiday tax does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $100
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Rentals or leases of any of these items
- Repairs or alterations of any of these items
- Sales of clothing, school supplies, or computers and computer-related accessories in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
You still have time left! Go take full advantage of the sales tax holiday before it ends!
1 thought on “Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2015”
Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2015 http://t.co/y4rLjDKMiE http://t.co/zgNndr8kJu