There are currently 15 El Portal homes for sale: (3 more than last month)
- Highest priced listing: $789,000 for a 1910 restored Southern Plantation home located at 6 NE 89 St.
- Lowest priced listing: $269,000 for the home located at 290 NW 86 St.
- Pending Sales: 6 (2 less than last month)
- Closed sales in May: 4 (1 more than last month)
The 4 El Portal Homes sold in May were:
- 386 NE 85 St – River front, 1929 restored home, originally listed for $479,999 in September of 2013 and selling for $465,000 ($216/sq.ft.)
- 301 NE 87 St – originally listed for $350,000 in February of 2013 with a prior pending offer that fell through and finally selling for $335,000 ($185/sq.ft.)
- 149 NE 89 St – originally listed for $325,000 in August of 2013 with prior pending offer that fell through and closing at $307,000 ($216/sq.ft.)
- 8665 NE Miami Ct – originally listed for $299,999 in January of 2014 and selling for $275,000 ($255/sq.ft.)
The average sold price per square foot of El Portal homes in May was $219 (and that’s not counting the river front property). What a big change compared to past months, which is an amazing sign for El Portal. The average price is past months has been as follows:
- April $177/sf
- March $149/sf
- February $192/sf
- January $174/sf
- Average price per square foot in 2013 $176
Because neighboring towns like Miami Shores and Biscayne Park have seen such increases in real estate, El Portal remains one of the affordable areas with a great community feel, their own city hall and police department. It’s a great area if you have been priced out of neighboring cities and you will still be in close proximity to all their amenities and events.
Remember we don’t just provide these market reports for your information and enjoyment, we are El Portal REALTORS, ready to list and market your property! We are now also providing these quick services to help with your real estate needs:
To sell or buy your El Portal home, please contact us at ElPortal@miamism.com