The timely filing period for Homestead Exemption for 2022 is March 2, 2021 through March 1, 2022.
The Homestead Exemption is a valuable property tax benefit that can save homeowners up to $50,000 on their taxable value.
- The first $25,000 of this exemption applies to all taxing authorities.
- The second $25,000 excludes School Board taxes and applies to properties with assessed values greater than $50,000.
Visit Miami-Dade’s Property Appraiser’s website for more information.
You will need the following information:
- Property Folio Number (You may locate your folio using the Property Search Page)
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Florida Driver’s license Number which reflects the property address
- Florida Automobile Registration which reflects the property address
- Florida Voter Registration Information (U.S. citizen) which reflects the property address
- U.S. Permanent Resident Immigration number (Non U. S. citizen)