More Miami Shores News from Miami Shores City Council member, Jesse Walters. We have to love his willingness to share and keep us informed.
I want to take this opportunity to send warmest wishes to all of my friends in Miami Shores and beyond as we celebrate the holidays. Whatever you celebrate this month – be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or just a day off – enjoy! My partner David Traupman and our daughter Faith join me in wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year too.
Just a few items to update you all on as we close out the 2012 year in Miami Shores Council:
- The Village’s credit rating has increased to Aa3.
- I moved to post the minutes of all Village board and commission meetings on our Web site.
- The Village recently published a booklet on “How to Open a Business in Miami Shores”. You can view and download a PDF from the Village website.
- We approved my motion to participate as a Village in the Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade on April 13, 2013, by a 3 to 2 vote.
- The Village has planted landscaping at the site of four chain link fence street barriers on our west side.
- After council action spearheaded by David Hunter and myself, information on Florida Friendly Landscaping and a link is now available on the Village’s Web site
- The Village is monitoring the trash problem at the Chase Bank parking lot downtown.
Crime is down significantly in Miami Shores! Year-to-date numbers vs. 2011:
Burglary down from 132 to 120, larceny down from 457 to 363, grand theft auto down from 32 to 22, and arrests are down from 628 to 468!
Having a problem with white fly?
You can purchase canisters of lady bugs, a natural enemy of white flies, on the Web for about $6-$10 per tree. Click here to learn more.
I am elected to serve you. Please call me anytime I can be of assistance in any matter.
Thanks for reading!
Jesse Walters, Village Councilman