Miami Summer Camps 2011
It’s already May and the pressure is on to sign up to summer camps quickly because they do fill up!! Don’t know about you, but I always find this process extremely stressful, it’s not as if we have nothing to do, and thinking so far in advance disrupts my daily life. So here are a few – please don’t call me to make reservations or get information – call the camp directly. We are in no way, shape or form affiliated with any of these – so please READ the whole article before you grab your phone.
Miami Shores Summer Camps
(organized by The Miami Shores Recreation Department). These include a series of camps offered throughout the summer for different ages including: summer activities. There are also specialty sports camps available for short sessions throughout the Summer, make sure you call or visit the Community Center and/or Field House for more information.
- Shores Spectacular Summer Camp – ages 5-13 (contact 305-758-6701 – philpotts@MiamiShoresVillage.com (Stacy) – firstname.lastname@example.org (Monica) )
- Jumpin’ Jellybeans – fun filled week of nonstop action: gymnastics, creative movement and arts and crafts. Ages 3-5 years. June 1-4 (9 AM to 1 PM) and June 7-11 (9 AM to 1 PM) cc 305-758-8103
- Under The Sea Little Jellyfish – indoor camp: paint and craft the ocean with fun creative sea treasures. Explore magical sea life, sensory sea stations, storytime, playtime, arts and crafts. Ages 3-5. June 1-4 (1PM to 5 PM) and June 7-11 (1PM to 5 PM) cc 305-758-8103
- Sportsnastics Camp – introduction skills in Baseball, Soccer, Basketball and Gymnastics. Children will develop fine motor skills and develop balance while learning fundamentals. Ages 3-6 Begins June 14th, weekly through August 6 (9 AM to 1 PM) 305-758-8103
- REcess & Results – Children will start to build a foundation of active lifestyle habits and proper nutrition while having fun. Ages 3-5 June 28 to July 2 (9 AM to 1 PM) 305-758-8103
- Adventure Sports and Aquatics Camp – ages 12-15 (contact 305-758-8103) Registration begins April 19th and fills up quickly!
- Specialty Camps – There are camps for baseball, soccer, football, basketball, and volleyball at the Field House and jump rope, gymnastics, yoga, art, break dance, performance/acting, and fishing camp at the Community Center.
- Camp for 3-4 year olds – Little Cleats, Jumpin’ Jellybeans, Under the Sea, Little Jellyfish
- Shores Soccer Academy (4 & up)
- Miami Shores Country Club Tennis, Golf & Aquatic Summer Camp – great junior camp with quality tennis and golf instruction, country club lunch as well as ‘free-swim and play’ at the Miami Shores Aquatic Center. Contact Tennis Pro Howie Orlin at 305-795-2375, email@example.com
Barry University Summer Camps
- BUCkids Summer Camp – sponsored each year by Campus Recreation & Wellness (CRW). The camp provides children with a well-rounded program that includes sport activities, arts and crafts, computers skills and much more.
Miami Country Day Summer Camps
- Adventure recreation summer camp – for children in pre-kindergarten through children entering 3rd grade. Sign up today for one or both sessions (Contact John Barbick, 305.759.2843 x200)
- Miami Country Day simple Soccer Camp (boys and girls ages 6-17) – contact Jeff Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miami Country Day Volleyball camp ( boys and girls: 1:00-4:00 grades 3-8 and 5:00-8:00pm grades 9-10) – contact Jeff Watson at email@example.com
Other Miami and Miami Beach Summer Camps:
- Miami’s Children’s Theater
- Miami Seaquarium
- Biltmore Summer Camp
- Miami Science Museum Summer Camp
- Camp Live Oak
- MoCa North Miami Summer Camps
- Miami Chilren’s Museum Summer Camp
- Miami Yacht Club Youth Sailing Camp
- Rancho Paloma Bonilla Summer Camp – in Southwest Ranches, with horses and other animals and transportation is included! Call Vivial Alvarez-Garcia at 305-710-3884
- French Camp
feel free to add other camps to the comments section of this article or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2 thoughts on “Miami Summer Camps 2011”
The Alliance Francaise of Miami proposes a unique experience of total immersion into French language and culture. Through courses and activities, children and teenagers communicate in French all the day. They will enjoy various workshops (music, theater, cooking with a chef, dance, thematic guided visit) designed to learn and master the language. Total immersion is the best way to develop skills and broaden new horizons, as well as make friends and stimulate the entire fulfillment.
Give your child a dose of that French ‘‘Je ne sais quoi’’.
The Alliance française Summer Camp is the ideal place for your children to learn French while being immersed in the language.
Offer to your children the possibility of following a rich language program for 3 to 17 years old, taking part in numerous art workshops, gaining an educational edge or catching up with their French studies.
Activities are guided by experienced professionals in a stimulating and warm atmosphere.
Programs will take place from June 11 to August 10 in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Registration are now open.