You asked and we delivered! Our “how-to mojito” video was a bit outdated, granted….it was done in 2007. So we changed some minor things and streamlined the process to be able to make more mojitos at a time. And more mojitos means more smiles! 🙂
- fresh mint
- fresh limes – whole and in quarters
- simple syrup (instead of sugar)
- In 12-oz highball glasses (or something similar), squeeze one whole lime, place 2 lime quarters, and 1-shot glass of simple syrup – muddle gently but firmly.
- fill glass to the top with ice (not a fan of crushed ice….use whole cubes)
- add rum (almost to the top of the glass)
- shake with either plastic or stainless glass
- add a squirt of soda and stir with long spoon
- garnish if you are into that
- Drink up!!
Mojito Instructions for our OCD Fans who need actual measurements (added upon request)
- Cut lime into 8 pieces and place 2 of those (1/8) in 12-oz highball glass
- Add 6 large mint leaves with stems
- Add 1 oz. simple sugar
- Add 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice (no fake stuff please)
- Fill glass with ice
- Add 3 oz. of rum
- Top off with Sprite and Stir with long spoon
- DRINK UP!
We, here at Miamism, remind you to DRINK RESPONSIBLY!! . Please Don’t drink and drive.
**published November 15, 2013 and modified May 22, 2018.