How is the Surfside real estate market doing? Of course we want to know, especially if you are planning to buy or sell your Surfside home any time soon. The most important thing you need to know is that Surfside’s real estate market is HOT!! Even when other neighborhoods are not doing so well, Surfside blows them out of the park for many reasons, but mainly: location, location, location! Add location to low inventory and high demand and you have a simple success story. Remember that we prepare monthly Surfside real estate market reports, so come back and check out changes on a monthly basis. There were 53 Surfside homes sold in 2015 and 11 of those were waterfront. The average price per square foot is the big winner though.
Surfside Homes – Price per Square Foot
Looking at past years, like we always say, is key to see the improvement. Here is the average price per square foot of Surfside homes in the past 5 year:
- 2015 – $350/SF
- 2014 – $324/SF
- 2013 – $270/SF
- 2012 – $233/SF
- 2011 – $193/SF
To think that price per square foot has increased $157 in 5 years is crazy!! And keep in mind that waterfronts are not even included in the equation – if you add waterfronts, the average jumps to $408! Call us for a listing appointment and search for Surfside Homes For Sale in our new property search system directly from the MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
Surfside Real Estate Market Report for 2015
The general figures for Surfside homes in 2015 are the following: (click HERE to see 2014 figures)
- There were 53 Surfside homes sold in 2015. The median sales price was $679,500.
- The highest sale in Surfside in 2015 was for the bay front home at 1236 Biscaya Dr, which was listed for $6.9 million and sold for $5.9 million in May. Brand new, custom, contemporary masterpiece with 6,723 SF of living space and 15,000 SF lot.
- The lowest Surfside home sold in 2015 was the short sale at 9164 Dickens Av, which was priced at $500,000 and sold for $440,833.
- The highest sale for a dry-lot home (non-waterfront) in Surfside was $960,000 for the home at 9540 Byron Av. Fixer upper with 2,943 SF and on a 9,677 SF Lot – reason being location (north of 94th Street) AND a double lot.
- The highest sale per square foot for a dry-lot home (non-waterfront) in Surfside was for the beautifully remodeled home at 9049 Carlyle Av with 1,189 SF of living area and sitting on a 5,600 SF lot.
- The average price per square foot in Surfside coming in at $350, compared to $324 in 2014.
List of Surfside Homes Sold in 2015
To get a list of all Miami Shores homes sold in 2015, please contact us.
Thinking of Selling your Surfside Home
If you are thinking of listing your home for sale in Surfside, feel free to contact us for a comparable market analysis of your particular home. We have buyers waiting for homes in Surfside – call us if you are thinking of selling.
WHAT’S YOUR HOME WORTH? Click here to get an automated report or go to MiamismValue.com
*Data obtained from SEF MLS* – we provide monthly market reports for Surfside at the beginning of each month. Come back or email us for a copy of the report at email@example.com