There are currently 22 Surfside homes for sale:
- Highest priced listing: $6,900,000 (waterfront contemporary estate at 1236 Biscaya Dr)
- Lowest priced listing: $507,000 (8745 Abbott Av)
- Pending Sales: 7
- Closed sales in January: 7
The 7 Surfside homes sold in January were the following:
- 401 94 St – a 3,857 sq.ft. waterfront home with 5 bedrooms / 5.5 bathrooms, listed for $2.9 Million in December of 2014 and selling for $2.8 Million ($726/sq.ft.)
- 919 92 St – a 3,500 sq.ft. waterfront home with 3 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms / 2 half-baths, originally listed for $2.75 Million in April of 2014, reduced to $2.599 Million and sold for $2.45 Million ($700/sq.ft.)
- 1413 Biscaya Dr – a 3,366 Sq.ft. waterfront home with 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms, originally listed for $2.45 Million in August of 2014, reduced to $1.95 Million in December and sold for $1.625 Million ($483/sq.ft.)
- 8810 Emerson Av – 2,008 sq.ft. home with 3 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms – listed for $730,000 in October of 2014 and sold for $720,000 ($359/sq.ft.)
- 8975 Hawthorne Av – 2,117 sq.ft. home with 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms – listed for $650,000 in October of 2014 and selling for $575,000 ($272/sq.ft.)
- 9333 Carlyle Av – 1,550 sq.f.t home with 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms – originally listed for $590,000 in September of 2014, reduced to $549,000 and sold for $549,000 ($354/sq.ft.)
- 8753 Abbott Av – 1,506 sq.ft. short sale with 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms – originally listed for $549,000 in September of 2013 with several price reductions going as low as $399,000 and selling for $450,000 ($299/sq.ft.)
The average selling price per square foot for Surfside homes in January was $321 (for non-waterfront homes). If you want to see how this number compares to past years, please look at the Surfside Real Estate Market Report we published last month for 2014.
What’s impressive about Surfside is that the lowest priced listing is above $500,000. Inventory remains low and demand very high which guarantees multiple offer scenarios for properties that are priced at market. If you are a buyer getting frustrated at losing out on bidding wars, consider the terms of your contract and make sure your agent knows what to do to put your offer at the forefront (talk about a good blog post for the future).
We are Surfside REALTORS, ready to list and market your property! Call us for a listing appointment.
We are now also providing these quick services to help with your real estate needs – your email address will be necessary to get the reports. And always keep in mind that these are automated and should only give you a ballpark figure.
To sell or buy your Surfside home, please contact us at Surfside@miamism.com