There are currently 20 Surfside homes for sale: (6 less than last month)
- Highest priced listing: $6,750,000 for a waterfront estate at 1236 Biscaya Dr.
- Lowest priced listing: $465,000 for a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom home at 8811 Emerson Av.
- Pending Sales: 7 (3 less than last month)
- Closed sales in July: 8 (5 more than last month)
The 8 Surfside homes sold in July were the following:
- 8842 Emerson Av – listed in March for $772,500 and closing at $735,000 ($287/sq.ft.)
- 8834 Froude Av – listed in May for $650,000 and closing at $450,000 ($207/sq.ft.)
- 625 94th St – listed for $599,000 in May and selling for $580,000 ($426/sq.ft.) *square footage as per tax roll
- 8942 Harding Av – listed for $757,000 in April and selling for $533,000 (247/sq.ft.)
- 9040 Carlyle Av – listed for $565,000 in March, reduced to $539,000 in April and selling for $515,000 ($291/sq.ft.)
- 8950 Byron Av – listed for $549,000 in March, reduced to $539,000 in April and selling for $478,210 ($271/sq.ft.)
- 9216 Harding Av – listed for $490,000 in April, reduced to $485,000 in May, then again to $480,000 the same month and finally closing at $435,000 ($244/sq.ft.)
- 8827 Carlyle Av – listed for $500,000 in May with one contract falling through, reduced to $450,000 in June and selling for $410,000 ($206/sq.ft.)
The Surfside homes for sale inventory continues to decrease and homes are selling quickly for close to asking price. The average Surfside sold price per square foot this year is $287, compared to 2013’s average of $270. Appreciation continues at a conservative rate and lack of inventory is key for driving prices up.
We have a penthouse listing just 2 buildings north of Richard Meier’s Surf Club, at The Waverly, located on the beach with direct ocean views, for $1,100,000. It’s a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom condo with wrap-around balcony and 10′ ceilings.
Please give us a call to schedule a showing for this property, it’s vacant and the views will take your breath away.
Remember we don’t just provide these market reports for your information and enjoyment, we are Surfside REALTORS, ready to list and market your property! We are now also providing these quick services to help with your real estate needs:
To sell or buy your Surfside home, please contact us at Surfside@miamism.com