There are currently 27 Surfside homes for sale: (1 more than last month)
- Highest priced listing: $6,750,000 for a waterfront estate at 1236 Biscaya Dr.
- Lowest priced listing: $480,000 for a 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom home on busy 9216 Harding Av!
- Pending Sales: 11 (same as last month)
- Closed sales in May: 6 (3 more than last month)
The 6 Surfside homes sold in May were the following:
- 700 88 St – Bay front property with 150′ of water, listed for $3,449,000 in January and selling for $3,200,000 for land value (we’re talking 30,150 sq.ft. lot with 50’s house in need of major updates).($992/sq.ft.)
- 9124 Abbott Av – renovated 2-story home with 3 bedrooms / 2.5 bathrooms, originally listed for 4765,000 in December of 2013 and selling for $735,000.($273/sq.ft.)
- 9072 Emerson Av – remodeled 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom 50’s home, listed for $599,000 in March and selling for $570,000. ($277/sq.ft.)
- 300 92 St – 1960 3 bedroom/ 2.5 bathroom home, originally listed for $688,800 in April of 2013, with several price reductions, finally selling for $525,000 ($246/sq.ft.)
- 8811 Hawthorne Av – small but well maintained 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom home , originally listed for $547,500 in February of 2013, with several price reductions and also listed for rent, finally selling for $505,00 ($278/sq.ft.)
- 9373 Abbott Av – quaint pool home in need of updates, originally listed for $560,000 in February of 2014 and selling for $445,000 ($280/sq.ft.)
The average Surfside sold price per square foot in May was $271 compared to previous months: (we did not include the waterfront sale at $992/sf)
- April price per sq.ft. $300
- March price per sq.ft. $322
- February price per sq.ft. $311
- January price per sq.ft. $307
- 2013 Average price per sq.ft. $270/sq.ft.
Fist thing you need to notice from this market report is that the lowest priced Surfside home for sale right now is $480,000 for a fixer upper on very busy Harding Avenue. Although the price per square foot continues to fluctuate, it only shows how normal the market is and the fact that you should not be looking at month per month but at least 6 month’s back to get a real picture of that number.
Remember we don’t just provide these market reports for your information and enjoyment, we are Surfside REALTORS, ready to list and market your property! We are now also providing these quick services to help with your real estate needs:
To sell or buy your Surfside home, please contact us at Surfside@miamism.com