Surfside Real Estate Market Report for May 2015
Surfside Real Estate Market Report
There are currently 22 Surfside homes for sale (1 less than last month):
- Highest priced listing: $5,000,000 (waterfront fixer upper at 1332 Biscaya Dr)
- Lowest priced listing: $565,000 (9057 Carlyle Av)
- Pending Sales: 6 (1 less than last month)
- Closed sales in May: 4 (compared to 8 in the previous month)
The 4 Surfside homes sold in May were the following:
- 1236 Biscaya Dr – 6 bedrooms / 7.5 bathrooms, 6,723 sq.ft. of living space on the wide bay. Magnificent contemporary home originally listed for $6.9 Million in November of 2014, reduced to $6.6 Million in February of 2015 and finally selling for $5.9 Million ($878/sq.ft.)
- 8950 Byron Av – 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms, 2,073 sq.ft. of living space. Remodeled home listed for $749,900 in March of 2015 and selling for $715,000 ($345/sq.ft.)
- 9041 Emerson Av – 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms with 1,960 sq.ft. of living space. Originally listed for $729,000 in December of 2014, with a couple of price reductions and finally selling for $676,000 ($345/sq.ft.)
- 9272 Dickens Av – 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms with 1,600 sq.f.t of living space. Originally listed for $675,000 in January of 2015, reduced to $649,000 in February and sold for $600,000 ($375/sq.ft.)
The average selling price per square foot for Surfside homes (not on the water) in May was $355 compared to averages in other months:
- April $347
- March $363
- February $316
- January $321
- 2014 – $324
Inventory remains low in Surfside and buyers are just waiting for new properties to come on the market. Although we see a slight fluctuation in price per square foot, there’s an overall conservative increase in pricing. Call us for a listing appointment, your home may be perfect for one of our buyers.
Surfside Home of The Month
Miamism Sales Team recommends the Surfside home located at 9380 Bay Drive. Here’s a 2-story, waterfront home built in 1945 with 4,765 sq.ft. of living space. Beautifully scaled with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. It’s offered at $2,995,000 and we will be happy to send you photos and arrange a showing appointment.
To sign up to our Home Trends Reports, go to MiamismTRENDS.com and fill in your information.
Call us Today for a listing appointment!
If you are interested in getting a list of all properties currently for sale in Surfside, we will be happy to send you a digital copy at your request. We can also send you monthly market reports directly to your inbox. Feel free to email us at Surfside@miamism.com
1 thought on “Surfside Real Estate Market Report for May 2015”
Surfside Real Estate Market Report for May 2015 http://t.co/AuEVPcCVZ7 http://t.co/AFS29uQDjT