Here’s a little real estate humor necessary when you are going through the stressful process of selling your Miami home. We first thank you for choosing us as your REALTORS and promise to remind you of these every chance we get – we are a team after all!
The Ten Commandments of Selling a Home in Miami
1. Thou shall declutter, clean and keep your home in showing condition at all times.
This means making beds and putting dishes away. This also means putting away religious and political evidence as well as favorite sports team paraphernalia and not stuffing closets!
2. Thou shall make arrangements for your children and pets ahead of time – including toys and lingering scents.
3. Thou shall leave property for showings (before prospective buyers arrive).
4. Thou shall avoid frying fish and cooking broccoli before showings.
5. Thou shall not neglect things that are broken.
Time to change light bulbs and sweat the small stuff (leaky faucets, running toilets, loose door handles, clunky doors).
6. Thou shall keep your emotions in check.
That’s why you hired us, to help you disconnect from the emotional side of selling your home – leave that up to us: take feedback as constructive criticism and don’t get offended by lowball offers.
7. Thou shall not lose a sale over something stupid.
This one is pretty self explanatory, we’ll let you know if you’re there.
8. Thou shall not be negative and shall exercise patience.
Selling a home is not an overnight process and takes work and the right frame of mind.
9. Thou shall gather all information, paperwork and documents about your home.
This includes sellers’ disclosures, warranties, service contracts and invoices and anything that can help a buyer assess the condition and care of your home.
10. Thou shall make a good first impression. The first impression is the only impression.
We will take care of the rest and keep you informed of every step of the process. We also go above and beyond and anticipate issues before they arrive. Always here to help, so use us!! Although the 11th commandment should read: Thou shall not call your agent at midnight.
**originally published in August of 2017